About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Monday, January 4, 2010

Every Move I Make


Remember this song?
you may if you ever went to youth group or heard this on the lips of your teenagers as they came home from Sunday school, but the words found their way onto my lips this morning on my way home from the gym, (my car radio is broke, so I'm improvising) haha.

Every move I make I make in You
You make me move, Jesus
Every breath I take
I breathe in You
Every step I take I take in You
You are my way, Jesus
Every breath I take I breathe in You
Waves of mercy
Waves of grace
Everywhere I look I see Your face
Your love has captured me
Oh my God, this love
How can it be!!!

As these words flew off my lips today I thought about what I was ACTUALLY saying and the implications of what this song really meant.
It means that EVERY MOVE I MAKE is in Christ, and every breath I take...
Every breath? How many breaths do you think an average person breaths each day? 17,280 breaths. (thanks to google)
My jaw dropped when I discovered this fact because that means, that is how many times the name of Jesus should be on my lips, if I truly breath Him in with each breath.
And with the reality of breathing Him in that many times each day, I in return experience His "waves of Mercy, and waves of Grace.."
It's stunning to me, His mercy. My friends, I sin so constantly, even with my best intentions, I still falter, stumble and quite often fall into the trap the enemy has set for me. I become ashamed and discouraged, but LOOK! waves of mercy! waves of Grace and His love, once again captures me. How can it be?!
And then today in His word, He tells me this,
"I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along strait paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered, when you run, you will not stumble." Prov. 4:11,12
Is that not what I was asking for? And this is what He provides...
So as I move today, as I breath each of those 17,280 breaths, I am reminded of His great love, His great mercy and His great grace...
I think as humans it's hard for us to really grasp His greatness, or even that He is really real. God can feel distant and actually to many, fake. But When i breath my last breath and I take my last step I know that I can be confident of this, each of those breaths were the Lords, and the steps His also. And as the reality of His greatness sets in on the day He calls me home, I pray that my life steps and breaths were a testimony to His existence, reality and glimpses of His tangible hand.
I know this is a tall order, and a mighty quest, but I have only this life on earth for such a short time so I desire to have my every move be His, so to not miss out on any of His lessons, words and desire for use. I have alot of learning, growing and changing to do, this I know...but great is My GOD, and I know friends, as faithful as He is to me each new breath, so He is and will be to you.
Oh my GOD this LOVE, how can it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment