About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, January 24, 2010

More Like Fallin' in Love...


I have had this reoccurring thought in the past few days that would not go away until this morning...during worship at church the tears were flowing. I couldn't really completely explain my emotion, I mean, I have many things that could lead me to tears but here was my thought...
The Christian walk is hard. I'm just going to put it out there because it's true, there are many things that the believer faces that make the walk difficult. But every time I think about trying to do "it", meaning, "this life" without Him, I immediately turn my eyes back towards Jesus.
As I considered all the pressures that face me and my family in this day I begin wondering to myself.."would this be easier if I just did it on my own?" These are questions that I think all ask once and while, but before the words really entered my mind I already knew the answer, and of course, it's no. This life would not be "better" without my Lord.
SO this is when I started asking the Lord, WHY? Why do i feel these pressures raining down on me? These struggles? It was if He answered me plainly..
This life is not about being perfectly "happy" all the time, and by happy I mean, "Warm, fuzzy, perfectly wonderful at all times, Pollyanna type life." My life is about Him, and when it's about Him, He promises me something that I wouldn't have without Him...Peace, contentment, joy and a promise of life beyond this one.
So, I sighed with more tears springing to my eyes, it was as if He said, "isn't it enough Amber, that the Savior of the world loves you and cares for you, when you feel pain and pressure, I'm right there too..."
I nodded towards heaven, "And in my heart I responded, Lord, I know, I know you love me, but I really need to feel it right now. I'm human and I'm tired. I know Father you felt tired when you were here on earth, so can I ask for some manna from heaven?"
And friends, He did. He gave me this song. Close your eyes, listen because this is the type of the relationship with the Savior that i'm describing. Something more than just religion, something to follow, it was if He told me, this is what i'm offering you... Click HERE
You see for me, following Christ because it's the "right thing to do" was just hard, it had to mean something. And when Christ called me, by name, to take off my grave clothes as Lazarus, walk forward in the light and though once blinded, He made me see...I listened and now friends, I crave for more, and sit at His feet asking for my daily bread. Knowing without His heavenly food, I will starve in this world. This world does not long to feed you, it does not long to fill you, only He can, the world may say, "I love you.." but the world does not love you as Christ loves you and nothing can compare to this falling in love with the Savior. So today, may your walk be more like falling in love and less like "something to believe in."

No comments:

Post a Comment